Also Here is an update about how Bacon Day went in the Netherlands
Hi Bacon Guys,
Thanks for the great invention of bacon day! We had a really good time this afternoon. It wasn't as big as we hoped for (around 40). The weather was good although the wind was really strong. So we had to improvise wind shields for the little cooking pits. We actually used huge iron bins that could be openend to make little grill rooms. People looked a bit odd though since no one knows about Bacon Day here so we did get some strange looks. Pedestrians weren't easily persuaded to try bacon, so that didn't really work. We ate and grilled tons of bacon thanks to our sponsor. Next year its going to be bigger, now the preparations and pr started like 4 days before Saturday. But I'm still very please with my very first bacon day celebration. I also believe some intresting recipes ideas came out of it. Once again I'd like to thank our sponsor "de groene weg slager" in Utrecht. Thank you Gerrit Takke without you we wouldn't have enough bacon. When I left home this morning I knew I had forgot something, actually I almost forgot the bacon. But once I arrived at the park I noticed I had forgotten the camera, so I wasn't able to make pictures.
Everyone enjoy these last hours of bacon day!
Greetings from the Netherlands
1. In Australia - I think we might be the first (one in Newcastle and possibly one in Sydney unless there are more that I don't know about), thanks to our location to the date line, but let us know if you think you might beat us... Any Kiwi's out there celebrating?
2. Boulder CO - There are a couple, but one of them is going to be a week late due to a grant review. It's a shame when things like a real job get in the way of Bacon. (I've also heard that Tee and Cakes might be doing something, so more when I learn more.)
3. Chicago IL - Two of the Bacon Boys, Seth and Evan, will be doing an interview with Nick Digilio on WGN They do stream live, so listen in. The Boys should be on at around 10:30 CT (so that's GMT -5:00).
4. The Netherlands - And this sounds like it is going to be a BIG one! I can't wait to hear more about what Reinout has planned.
5. Santa Barbara CA - Of course we can't forget our good friends at the Royal Bacon Society With out them, I doubt that Bacon Day would be any where as close to big as it seems to have gotten.
6. The Tampa Tribune FL - They are going to share photos with us hopefully! We need photos for the photo of the week if you haven't noticed. I've made sure to invite all my photography buddies hoping that they'll let us use a few, all for the good of bacon of course.
7. Boston MA - Seth just moved there, like Mon. So if you are in the city and smell bacon cooking, stop by and say "Hi, is this Bacon Day?", You might get a strange look, but I'd love to hear about his reaction!
8. Philadelphia PA - Social knitworking is doing a Drunken Bacon Podcast Brunch.
9. Assuming Toronto - They did put us in the article. Also we just got confirmation from Justin about a Bacon Day Party in Toronto.
10. Grinnell IA - A good friend of ours.
11. Portland OR - The 1st International Bacon Boy day of Art and Bacon Festival
12. LA CA - Sixteen Degrees of Craving Bacon - I bet they are throwing a party...
13. - Plsen, Czech Republic,This is the birth place of f pilsner style of beer, aka lager. Just think about one of the best combinations.
14. Belo Horizonte Brazil - They are having two simmetrical dinners in two different cities. One with bacon chicken wings, and another in "belô" are having bacon strawberry cream, with hot fudge delight. MMMM that sounds delicious.
15. Berlin Germany - Zach and friends, Antother Grad student from Boulder CO whose moved away and brought Bacon Day with him.
Any that we have missed?
Alexa and the Bacon Boys