Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bacon Relish

This sounds absolutely amazing. Bacon Relish from the Heavy Table.
Make sure to check out their site for the fully recipe of Honey-BBQ Shrimp with Grilled Corn Salad and Bacon Relish

Bacon Relish
makes ½ cup
4 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
1 c onion, diced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
salt
Crisp bacon in skillet, then remove and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tbsp bacon grease in pan then add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add white wine vinegar, chicken broth, and bacon; cook until liquid has evaporated. Salt according to taste.


I think I'm going to have to make this next weekend when we have Tapas. I think I might stuff some mushrooms with it for some very bacony mushroom caps.

Enjoy,

Alexa and the Bacon Boys

No comments:

How much do you love Bacon?

Are you going to celebrate Bacon Day 2009?

Alltop...

Alltop. Seriously?! I got in?